Mt Ibuki

I sketched this morning Mt. Ibuki. This mountain was closed (forever) for winter activities in 2011 because there was not enough snow anymore. Calligraphy by The Travleling Kit.



Today is a clear day as you can see. When I first started drawing there were no clouds. We first spotted Mt. Ibuki today when we went out for groceries and I thought I have to go back out and sketch this mountain. Yesterday it was covered by clouds.


This is not a very accurate drawing of the mountain, as you can see the tip in my drawing is more pointy than the real one.

I thought I was going to walk further to find a good spot that is not covered by houses and  buildings but this spot was just 5 minutes away from our home.

To the right, at the mini park by the stream, beyond this picture, is the Ginko Biloba tree I sketched last month.

Before I started drawing I scanned the spot for dog poop, as this spot is by the road. It turns out that the little brown poop was camouflaged well, thankfully I did not step on it or placed my notebook on it. But I stepped on its sibling when I got up after I finished.

The sunday that followed this, I sketched Mt. Ibuki from the opposite side, at Mishima-Ike pond.