last saturday sketches from matigol


last weekend me, kikit, subang tribu members and volunteers of the philippine eagle foundation visited a manobo tribe in matigol, inamang, arakan, cotabato. there we helped in giving out school supplies,clothing and toys to everyone.

after the activity and after the rain, we went to explore the area, i went on barefoot because the mud and rain rendered my sandals useless.

sketching mount sinaka

sketch of a tree at 'kawa' the tree was all i could sketch because i'm not worthy to sketch the beautiful view.

because my sketch from kawa cannot prove how beautiful the place is
going home, we trekked  almost three hours from the village to the national highway. when we got to the highway, we had lunch, bought vegetables and relaxed in a nearby spring before hitching a ride back to calinan. for me an kikit.

 this is our (me and kikit) first real trek in mindanao. we made new friends and we got free shirts too! thanks to subang tribu and and the volunteers from philippine eagle foundation.

edit: view my recent sketches of the Manobo Community area: Sitio Inamong Sketches - 2014 June 1