We were in Osaka

We went to Osaka for a weekend to watch Diana Krall's Wallflower tour. She was sick with a cold  but still performed. Since she could not sing alot, she let her band play the hell out of the songs, she too also played alot of piano which for me was a really awesome treat! 

Our first trip was Minoh Waterfalls



in Minoh they brew their own beer

I had one and it was good, similar to Cerveza Negra

We had the beer and the tea in a tea shop where we stopped because it rained a little bit

I sketched the tea shop before leaving

On the 2nd day, we hiked Mt. Kongo, we were going to take the ropeway but we were enticed by people taking the trail.

there were many tall pine trees

at the peak, it was muddy

and you cannot see the city due to the weather


the timelapse video of me painting


the 360 timelapse video of me painting, there were kids checking out the 360 camera and knocked it over, they immediately put it back up.

going back down, on the way to the ropeway station, this was the biggest tree we saw on the mountain

it was so muddy, must be from the melting ice and lots of people trekking

this is the longest ropeway we have ever been on here in Japan

in town before we went back to our hostel, I saw that Taito Game  sign that had the classic Space Invader, We did not go there, I am sure there is no classic space invader game in the arcade.

We also checked out the Star Wars themed train that goes to the airport.

On the third day, We went to Osaka Castle

This is the stomp/root  that remained from the first tree that the monk rested on as he built the foundation of what will become the Osaka Castle


this chinese guy really liked watching me paint

doves love flying around the castle

the chinese guy said that my painting is beautiful

that was before he left, i ruined it just after he left

timelapse video of me painting


360 timelapse video of me painting, we had to put the back beside the camera or people will step on it 

this is the view from the top of the castle where I painted

it rained by the time we went down the castle

then we visited pond which we realised that the view was so much better form there

we fooled the doves throwing pebbles near our feed and let them think it was bread crumbs


yeah we had to pose

on our last night, after Diana Krall's concert, we ate alot of ramen and karaage